Clutch Slave Cylnider Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > Clutch Slave Cylnider Question

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-16-2008, 11:36 AM   #1
nate81

Clutch Slave Cylnider Question

I have an 88 Comanche 2wheel 6cyl. I have to get the clutch slave cylinder replaced and I was gonna do the work myself, but I am not sure if I have to drop the transimission to replace it. If I have to drop the tranny then I am gonna have someone else do the work, but if not, then I will do the work myself. Can someone please let me know if the tranny has to be dropped in order to replace the clutch slave cylinder. Thank you.

nate81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2008, 05:26 PM   #2
Pete M
1988 MJ Comanche 

Yes, the tranny much be dropped as the 88's factory slave is located inside the bellhousing (called an "internal slave").
What leads you to think it's the slave? Is it leaking?
Jeep on!
--Pete
My email: petermontie@hotmail.com
ComancheClub.com/forums
Pete M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2008, 04:14 PM   #3
nate81

thanks for the reply,it turns out that a friend suggested jus bleeding the system and sure enough it worked thank you again .
nate81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.