Center Console - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > Center Console

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 05-23-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
rworks

Center Console

OK, just replaced the bench seat in my '87 MJ with buckets and now I want a center console.

Which year or body style XJ would I want to steal one from?

Yes, I know the MJ cab is kinda short and the center console prob is too long, but I got a hacksaw.

rworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2008, 12:01 PM   #2
jeepicon-com

I think they might all be very close to the same as far as fitment... I know my factory center console has a ash tray compartment on the back of it pointing at the wall.... which leads me to believe that it was originally designed to go in an XJ cause not many people fit in the back of the cab of my MJ

Unread 05-23-2008, 03:39 PM   #3
Pete M
1988 MJ Comanche 

XJs and MJs share the same center console. The XJ version will simply have vents running through it. 84-96 will work. Make sure you grab the small metal brackets that hold the console to the body.
Jeep on!
--Pete
My email: petermontie@hotmail.com
ComancheClub.com/forums
Pete M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2008, 05:30 PM   #4
maddzz
1989 MJ Comanche 

You should also grab the heater piece under the dash in front of the console. It is different from the one you have now.
maddzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2008, 06:52 PM   #5
XJohnnyC

You can also use the 97+ console in an MJ. Then you'll have a couple of real cupholders.
XJohnnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2008, 08:37 PM   #6
rworks

Awesome. I think the 97+ is the one to get. Off to the junkyard I go.
rworks is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.