cbs, oil sending units, and a few questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > cbs, oil sending units, and a few questions

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 04-21-2008, 06:51 AM   #1
np223
1988 MJ Comanche 

cbs, oil sending units, and a few questions

I am currently having an issue with my oil pressure gauge on my 88 mj. it keeps reading way above 80 and when i checked the oil last it was almost below the fill line. where is the unit at on the 4.0 engine and how do i change it? also whats the best and easiest cb to install?

np223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2008, 08:53 PM   #2
Pete M
1988 MJ Comanche 

The oil pressure gauges in our trucks are notoriously inaccurate. This can be due to the sending unit, the gauge, or corrosion in the wires in between. In my experience, the oil level you describe has never caused the oil pressure to drop. I know for sure that when you get down below 2 quarts in the system, the pressure will definitely be affected (trust me on that one).
It's been a while since I've thought about it, but I believe the sending unit is on the passenger side of the block just ahead of the distributor shaft. You might have some success with simply cleaning the electrical connection.
Jeep on!
--Pete
My email: petermontie@hotmail.com
ComancheClub.com/forums
Pete M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2008, 02:41 PM   #3
1999sport
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I have the same issue right now. Who ever gets to fixing it first, post a little how to.
Mine reads 80 also. oil level is fine at the dip.
1999sport is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.