Back glass on my comanche - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > Back glass on my comanche

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 12-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #1
josh_fish96
1989 MJ Comanche 

Back glass on my comanche

I broke the sliding window on my comanche and i taped it right now but i really need to get it fixed idk if i should use plexiglass or go to a glass place and have them make me one of go to a junk yard and get a window out of a ranger or a toyota i need help please!

josh_fish96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #2
DeejayZeejay
1994 ZJ 

Mine was broke when I bought it. PO replaced with Plexiglas and it is very annoying. I picked up a solid back glass from the jy for $35. I'm sure a glass company can cut you one for cheap.
Unread 12-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
ftpiercecracker
1990 MJ Comanche 

I have yet to here of any other back glass other than off of another comanche that will fit in its place. Dont know how much it would be to get one custom made, but dont forget you need the gasket as well, if yours is torn up.
ftpiercecracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2012, 12:13 AM   #4
snakedoc67
1987 MJ Comanche 

theres an 88 at the local yard that has a sliding rear window in good shape. They want $40 for rear windows and it would be shipping from Lincoln, Ne to you. If you want it, i can grab it for you later this week. http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...914_172848.jpg
snakedoc67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2012, 07:53 AM   #5
josh_fish96
1989 MJ Comanche 

Ill let you know im pricing someone making it for me at a glass store but how much would shipping be?
Unread 12-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #6
snakedoc67
1987 MJ Comanche 

Would help if i knew where you were at. Would probably be easier for you to get on USPS.com or UPS.com and see what a 30 lb package would cost from 68507 to you.
snakedoc67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #7
butchershop
1988 MJ Comanche 

Get one here:

http://www.glasswarepro.com/key/jeep...ss-rear-window

butchershop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #8
josh_fish96
1989 MJ Comanche 

Hey man i just got plexi glass it works good thank you tho!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.