B-Pillar Voltage Issues!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > B-Pillar Voltage Issues!!

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 04-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
luvmyglock

B-Pillar Voltage Issues!!

So I am wiring in some LEDs near my pillars. I have never had b-pillar lights, so I thought I would use the wiring for them to install some LEDs. I replaced the door plunger switch that was broken and cleaned the other one up. Afterwards, I went and checked the voltage at the light end of the wire and found out that I am getting 7.5-8v constant. The issue here is that I am getting 12v in the morning or when it has been sitting for a while...The battery is good, and the truck is a daily driver with no battery or voltage issues. What would cause such a dramatic voltage fluctuation in this wire? Power is NOT intermittent, it's just a solid 8v after it's been on for a minute...but I can shut the doors, leave it, and come back in eight hours and get 12v...what's going on here?!?!

luvmyglock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
Avionic1JN
1991 MJ Comanche 

Resistance increases with heat. I'd look into any heat sources nearby (or maybe even the sun). You could try replacing the wire too. LEDs run at .8 to 1.5 V so as long as you wire them in parallel, there should be no problems with your 8v supply.
Avionic1JN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.