AW4 Floor shfiter - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > AW4 Floor shfiter

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 09-14-2012, 08:02 AM   #1
08Hemiwk

AW4 Floor shfiter

I have a few options with this 89 MJ 2WD LWB I just bought. I was originally going to do a 5 speed swap and slam it but upon looking at the manual trans costs for keepiing it 2wd and finding a tranny its a bit of a pain. If I keep it auto I'd like to do buckets from a Mustang GT that I have lying around and a floor shifter. Does anyone make a floor shifter kit for these trucks or can I use an XJ one?

I dont know a lot about these trucks so I apologize if these are dumb questions just not my usual type of truck

08 WK Hemi: 4" Superlift, 305/55/20 Terra Grapplers, 20x9 KMC Misfits, Superchip, AirRaid Intake, Custom Exhaust, Custom Toolbox Mount, 4xG Rear Diff Guard, JKS Quick Disconnect, Rola Rack, KC Daylighters
08Hemiwk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
mj40
1989 MJ Comanche 

floor shifter from an xj 86-90 will work for sure, i've done this swap from a mj 89/5spd/2wd to a xj 90/aw4/4x4 and the shifter swapped right into the mj, if you go the automatic route don't forget the wiring and trans computer behind the lower dash panel under the glovebox. with my swap i only had part of the old harness to remove and plug in the new for the aw4..

theres not much floor space for seat brackets, so if you can find a bucketseat mj grab the brackets and make them work with the mustang seats.. i used sunfire seats.
mj40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.