Anyone been able to price out a restoration? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > Anyone been able to price out a restoration?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 03-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
BorderWalker
2004 WJ 

Anyone been able to price out a restoration?

I'm interested in looking into a Comanche, but I know how rare they can be to find in good conditions, especially in my area in the North East. Therefore, in my attempt to make future plans of car purchases, and wanting to see if the Comanche would be viable, I wanted to see if anyone has done restores before on less than perfect conditions.

Looking now, Any good quality Comanches run $5000-$6000. However, there are those in runable but poor quality conditions for less than $2000, some even less than $1000. I know it's still a uni-body design for a truck as most Jeeps are, so I know body might be the most difficult. And I know there is the topic about the parts that are interchangable between the Comanche and the XJ.

For a baseline Idea, let's say there's a Comanche for about $1000. Runs, but needs work on just about everything short of the base frame itself to be in a solid condition again. What could one expect to pay in restoration costs to repair it, if they can find most of the parts?

BorderWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
-PMK-
1989 MJ Comanche 

I did like this when i started to "fix" mine, i simply bought an cheap driveable Cherokee XJ of the same year as donator.
I have got parts from it to cover the price of the XJ + some more, and i may still be enable to sell the rest of it to a junkyard.

Only parts i needed/need so buy new is oils, filters, brake shoes, rear leaf springs. all other things i got from my "donator".
Saved me from driving around to find parts at junkyards and i have allso sold some stuff to friends.

Did like that as i dont want to spend a fortune on it in new parts.

(and as i probably go offroading, i have fenders, hood, mirrors and so as spare )
-PMK- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 02:27 AM   #3
LimeLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

$15,000 (This also includes a 4.7L stroker engine self built.)

I have a list every part cost and estimated labor.
LimeLJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.