Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

For MJ owners ONLY!

for all Comanche (MJ) owners

8K views 63 replies 20 participants last post by  Country Jeep 
#1 · (Edited)
All MJ owners please respond to the above POLL. If you don't have an MJ please don't vote. It is a public poll so we can see who votes for what.

AS you can tell by the poll, we are considering giving the MJ owners their own section. We know most MJ owners will vote Yes for their own section, but voting will give us a good idea of how many MJ owners there are in here...

#2 ·
I voted on the poll. Would be nice if you would spell Comanche right though. I don't know why everyone spells Comanche wrong even the people who own a Comanche. Like they don't even know what they own.

#5 ·
Do I get 2 votes cause I own 2 :rolleyes: I think it would be a good idea for the Mj owners to have our own site. We are different from the xj's, all be it in small ways.

Patrick

#6 ·
fisher446, Billabong1416, and Heavymetal, are you guys MJ owners? It doesn't appear you are by your signatures. Voting is for MJ owners only please.

I fixed the poll numbers but I can't erase your names. If you are MJ owners, please let me know so I can add your vote back in.

#7 · (Edited)
I do not own an mj, but my Grandpa does. I use this forum almost as much for my xj as for his mj. Feel free to disregard my vote if im not qualified...

BTW, the reason I voted no is because I think xj and mj owners should stick together ;) . On the other hand, it would probably be easier/faster for mj owners to find mj specific info if they had their own forum.

#10 ·
i claim voting rights because i went halfsies into a MJ project with a friend of mine...

Um... its sorta a rolling chassis at the moment... but i own half of it!
(havent seen it in like 2 years though)

#13 ·
thats exactly why i said keep them merged.
Theres what, like 10 or 15 total? Compared to a couple hundred XJ owners...

I think a better idea would be to make it obvious that MJ's are a part of this section... Well more obvious then it already is.

#14 ·
You do have seperate CJ, YJ, and TJ sections. Why not give those 15 or 20 people their own little section? It may grow once it opens up. This forum is titled "Cherokee Forum" on the home page. You did give Liberty owners a forum. Those are just barely Jeeps. :D

#15 ·
Sorry guys for not saying something on here earlier, but the forums are really acting up...

I think we shouldn't seperate them for one reason: All XJ owners already have most knowledge about MJ's (mechanical, electronic, and cosmetic), and there are soo many XJ owners out there that can help with our MJ problems. As long as the XJ owners realize everything is identical from the cab forward, then they can help us out. If we seperate the forums, mostly MJ owners will be looking at the MJ section, which of there is only about 20 MJ owners versus 220 XJ owners on here.

I say they should stay in the same area, just note it more to the main page that the Cherokee section is also the Comanche section :thumbsup:

#16 ·
countryjeep said:
I think we shouldn't seperate them for one reason: All XJ owners already have most knowledge about MJ's (mechanical, electronic, and cosmetic), and there are soo many XJ owners out there that can help with our MJ problems. As long as the XJ owners realize everything is identical from the cab forward, then they can help us out. If we seperate the forums, mostly MJ owners will be looking at the MJ section, which of there is only about 20 MJ owners versus 220 XJ owners on here.

I say they should stay in the same area, just note it more to the main page that the Cherokee section is also the Comanche section :thumbsup:
I have just recently picked up my MJ, and I personally find the XJ forum quite useless for most things. All thats the same seems to be the front end. Everything XJ related from the firewall back is useless, and finding MJ info is tough, seeing as you can't even do a search for 'MJ'. Info on seats, cab interior/exterior, bed, rear suspension, wheel clearance... (the list goes on) is all different.

Why is it that just because there are less of us, we shouldn't have easy to access info like the rest of the non-MJ guys? It's not that it's not clear that the MJ info is in the XJ forum, that's easy enough to see. But you try finding information that is MJ specific, tell me how easy it is in the merged forum...

#17 ·
What's up guys?
This is my first post here, just wanted to give a little input on this. I don't see a need for a seperate forum, but a sticky or two for MJ specific issues would be nice. I noticed there is one for XJ lifts, it would be nice to have one dealing with the different MJ rear options so that info is all in one place. Other than rear suspension set-up, I don't think there is enough difference for anyone to benefit from seperate forums, I know I would just end up reading both anyway.

#19 ·
the problem here is some ppl are into collecting and restoring MJ's because they are rare, and then there are the ones who want to wheel them. I personally own 2 Mjs and and 2 Xj's. I am not into restoring my MJ's at all, Personally I like to wheel my rigs hard, and really don't care that my seats or center console are not stock. The second problem is up till lately, there was only BB's or Kits that required SOA's. I think a seperate area for MJ owners would be nice, but Basically the Mj's and Xj's are the same.

Patrick

#20 ·
countryjeep said:
Sorry guys for not saying something on here earlier, but the forums are really acting up...

see, thats exactly what i said.
I'm glad a MJ owner sees it that way.

#21 ·
I see what you guys are all saying, but here's my two cents:

There are too few MJ owners on here, not to mention (no offense) that most of them lack most/all knowledge about their MJ's. If the XJ owners would just realize that anything from the cab forward is the same, things would be better. And if us MJ owners can learn about everything, mostly including from the firewall back, then maybe we can open up a MJ section. But I say: Wait on more MJ owners, more knowledgable owners, and until then, note to all XJ owners that anything they know about their XJ from the cab forward is the same, adding that we change the title of the Cherokee section to something like Cherokee/Comanche section, that would be a great temporary fix to all probs right now.

In short: Wait for more owners, wait for us to learn more about our MJ's, and open up a seperate section once those needs are met. And until then, fix any probs as of now (Informing to XJ owners that all specs from cab forward are identical as a MJ, calling the Cherokee section Cherokee/Comanche or something like that, etc...) just temporarily.

There's my two cents. I hope some of ya'll will listen to me and think about it :rtft:

#22 ·
Oh, btw, just to make sure that nobody thought I meant this:

When I said that there isn't much knowledgable MJ owners on here, that included me also, so no offense PERIOD!

Just making sure I wasn't misunderstood ;)

#23 ·
I have looked into getting an MJ for many reasons. I wanna keep my WJ for more of a DD and get the MJ for wheeling. I also want one becuase they are cool and rare. I havent found one that I want to buy yet but I would like to see the forums stay together. I think that there is a lot of info that XJ's and MJ's can help each other with.

#24 ·
i think the best thing to do would be to rename this forum XJ Cherokee/MJ Commanche, and put the years in the description.

#26 ·
poll

well i originally voted for "yes", but after reading what all you had to say im going to have to change my mind. we would be losing a lot of knowledgable help from the XJ crew, plus i bet we'd be posting over there anyways to get a straight answer and posibily more opinions on certian subjects. i like the idea of adding comanche to the title, and by the looks of the poll, there wont be enough people to make the switch anyways.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.