Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Aftermarket front bumper

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  gumcrew2 
#1 ·
Let the flaming begin.
Seeing as I can't find an aftermarket bumper for my MJ that I actually like and can afford, I have decided to venture off and make my own. I am making this bumper for my '87 MJ that I will be using only on the street because its getting a 318 with a 5 speed.
NOW, what I'm thinking is if it comes out as nice as I'd like, then I will post pics of it and take orders for them if anybody is interested in one for their MJ/XJ.
I'm aiming for the fiberglass airdam look that some of those POS ricers have simply because I think it would look sharp on a Jeep and an MJ could use a little body molding. Maybe after the bumper then I'll design some side skirts and such.
Mind you this would only be good for trucks that don't go offroad. But anywho, anybody have any thoughts, opinions, burns, lol.

#2 ·
Guess nobody likes fiberglass bumpers for on road driving eh? Oh well, worth a shot...

#3 ·
You might get some interest in the speed forum on JU, or the street performance forum's on NAXJA. There are XJ/MJ performance enthusiasts there that resort to removing rear/passenger seats just to get the weight down on their rigs. A lighter and aerodynamic bumper might interest them.

#4 ·
CanadianJeep86 said:
Guess nobody likes fiberglass bumpers for on road driving eh? Oh well, worth a shot...
It's not that I am not interested, I am just waiting to see the pictures :wave:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.