91 MJ Clutch Issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > 91 MJ Clutch Issues

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 08-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

91 MJ Clutch Issues

Changed the internal slave, clutch, pressure plate etc several months ago and the clutch worked great after that until the plastic end on the master cylinder push rod broke. Replaced master cylinder and now it does not shift correctly. We have bled it several times. When the jeep is cold it shifts pretty good but as it warms up it seems to get harder to shift. Grinds terribly going into reverse most of the time. Occasionally it will slip right in reverse with no issues, other times I have to kill it and shift to reverse then start it up again. It is a high rev grind, (seems like things are spinning at a high RPM) not your normal slow grind then falls into gear.

The clutch feels good but feels sort of like it does not have enough down travel room to totally dis-engage the clutch, like you hit the floor board before it goes down far enough.

Could it be possible that the master cylinder came with to short of a linkage rod?? I don't think it is the clutch because it shifted to good with the old master cylinder until we put this one on it.

Bad Part possibly???

3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 11:26 PM   #2
Caish
1987 XJ Cherokee 

We was bleeding the clutch out tonight and blew a line.
Before it blew I could see the lines flex with the pressure.
You could still have some air in it.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.