91 commanche what to look for - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > 91 commanche what to look for

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
henry9419

91 commanche what to look for

im looking at a 91 commanche, im wondering if theres any inherent problems that i should look forwhen i go to look at it on saturday, im mostly worried about whats off in the rear il have a friend with me that will be able to look and give me a better idea whats causing that hopefully

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/3631685716.html

henry9419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
DeejayZeejay
1994 ZJ 

Check floorboards and all underneath. Fuse panel condition. Price seems high to me...
Unread 03-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
henry9419

well i looked at it last night some rust on the floor, but nothing that goes all the way through, it runs good, and shifts good, interior is clean, from what we could tell and what the owner said the rear axle had problems and was changed, currently its a chrysler 8.25, whoever installed it didnt measure correctly, the pinion is angled down a bit more then should be and the leaf spring brackets are all off center, i dont think it would take more then a day to fix as well as all new bushings and such.
henry9419 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.