89 Comanche 4.0. 2wd...What to do. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > 89 Comanche 4.0. 2wd...What to do.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 09-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
BeepBeepGoJeep
1994 XJ Cherokee 

89 Comanche 4.0. 2wd...What to do.

So my dad got this comanche for basically 430 bucks thinking he could get it on the road but it turns out the frame is rotted out so freaking bad that its not worth trying to screw with specially in VA it would be impossible to get it inspected and crap. Hes being an idiot saying he wants to scrap it but there is way too many good parts on it.

135k Miles runs real good but will overheat every now and then i know it needs a radiator but other then that its honestly pretty damn nice and has alot of new stuff, new balljoints, trac bar, a new tune up cap, rotor and bs. The interior is actually ok and the body isnt even real bad just rusted on the rear fenders but its better then most ive seen, shifts ok.

Im wandering if we pull the engine and trans out of it would it bring any money or not, thats probably the only thing worth selling. Im gonna grab a few small things and probably keep the rear end since its a D35 with 355s i think i might be able to use it and dad already grabbed the wheels for a wagon lol.... My dad also needs a 4l80E 4WD trans for his 94 gmc 3500 so i might try to do a trade to get that or something. Any input would be great not sure how to go about this

http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z...-54-52_235.jpg

Unread 09-25-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
97_4popper
1990 MJ Comanche 

If you're willing to disassemble it, you will probably get more money out of the parts than scrapping it. Check over at comancheclub.com and see if anyone over there is interested in it.
Check out comancheclub.com...
My build thread: http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewt...hp?f=7&t=27756
Wifes: 97 TJ 2.5 4X4 5sp 31's stock. . . Slow but; reliable.
97_4popper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
ftpiercecracker
1990 MJ Comanche 

just how bad is the frame? Cause that this is in pretty dang good shape, and with those cap lights i almost thought it was a Metric Ton, which would mean D44 not D35.
ftpiercecracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #4
DeejayZeejay
1994 ZJ 

I'd buy the bed : ) how much for a whole?
Unread 09-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #5
BeepBeepGoJeep
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Yea i wish my dad would just take the time to fix the frame but he just has too many other things going on and doesnt wanna mess with it unfortunately. Hes being hard headed but i was telling him this thing has alot of useful parts that alot of people could use.

Im not sure what price to put on it honestly it would be nice to sell it whole.Im pretty positive its just the D35 but it does have the power/comfort switch but i dont think that means anything most of them did i believe. Just a shame because it runs real smooth and shifts perfect, has good power. It literally would be fine driving right now but just needs frame repair and maybe a radiator few small things here and there.

Most MJs you see nowadays 2wd or not arent even in this good of shape, and there starting to honestly get rare. Its already on craigslist but i might list it other places. Id rather find a good home for it then just part it out or scrap it, i love jeeps to much to see that happen haha.
Unread 09-29-2012, 05:07 PM   #6
BeepBeepGoJeep
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Its in the classifieds for sale now if anybody is interested.
Unread 09-30-2012, 08:10 AM   #7
DeejayZeejay
1994 ZJ 

Price?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.