89 Comanche 2.5L valve cover problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > 89 Comanche 2.5L valve cover problems

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 02-01-2014, 06:43 PM   #1
MJ89_Sport
1989 MJ Comanche 

89 Comanche 2.5L valve cover problems

Hey everybody, I'm new here, but couldn't find any answers from anywhere that fit my problem. So I got my jeep from a friend I work with. Its a 2.5L 4-speed comanche sportruck.

So I got an 89 jeep comanche 2.5L valve cover for a base model. I got it in the mail, tried to put it on, holes didnt match up. The driver side, and the passenger side of the cover holes fit. the back stud and bolt don't match if I match front 2 bolts, it was i guess just a little to long, but perfect width. So called, refund, all that. Got another from o'riellys. Got it today, tried it, and the passenger side holes are to far to the driver side. So its the right length, but to narrow.

Discussed a bit with a guy from oriellys. and the search he did was for my 89 jeep comanche 2.5l 4cyl, base model. Found the cover they gave me. did an older search for a compatible part, searched and got 1983 jeep CJ7 CJ7 Base/L4 2.5L 151 ci GAS 2BBL vin "U" OHV. found the same cover oriellys gave me. it has 2 options though, 1983 jeep CJ7 CJ7 Base/L4 2.5L 151 ci GAS 2BBL vin "B" OHV. The U option was wat i got, and didnt fit. the B option, nothing showed up. soo i dont know. couldnt find anything on this at all, so im turning to you all, the jeep experts and tinkerers.

I didnt know what to do so i got a buch of numbers and codes off the engine block. on the distributor cap side, (passenger side) there are 2 codes. one lower with 2 letters just under it and another a bit closer to the top of the block. lower code is 53008403 with an AR under. Top code is I05HX0I. the I could be 1's, no idea what HX stands for. other codes: on driver side of block on edge of valve cover sits, is D17 the down the edge is 403. on that same edge near fire wall is either HN 68 2 or 89 NH 2. I dont know what those are. Also there is EF9033-003-438 under that is ACE/CO. on that same part but towards the radiator is Firing Order 1342 XJ. so as i've said i dont know what any of them are. All i need to do is find out the type of motor i have so i can get the right valve cover so i stop losing oil, and i can actually do a good oil chance that'll benefit my truck.

So if anyone can help me out that would help a bunch. this motor is not the original 2.5L from the assembly line. so im at a loss. I can try and put up pics of the motor, the codes and the search page from oriellys and the different covers, except the one from oriellys, returned it already. but the internet one and off my truck i can do.

MJ89_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.