88 Manche Resto and 98 nose swap - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > 88 Manche Resto and 98 nose swap

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 03-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #16
97cherosport
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Here it is with the headlight panel. Some people splice the wire harness so the old plug fits the new harness, but i found that its much easier to just use the old harness. Youll have one empty socket in your marker light but still have all your functions. Plus no aggrevation of splicing wires and adding an extra light to the harness. [IMG][/IMG]

Unread 03-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #17
97cherosport
1997 XJ Cherokee 

When adding your bumper end caps they wont fit tight to the bumper so a little trimming is required. Im not fussy, especially since this is my work truck so I didnt trim and was still pretty satisfied with the fit. [IMG][/IMG]
Unread 03-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #18
97cherosport
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Still have to paint the bumper so it doesnt look like ***, but its pretty quick and easy to take the caps back off for that. plus I have work tomorrow and waiting for paint to dry didnt fit the time limit right now.
Unread 03-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #19
97cherosport
1997 XJ Cherokee 

And heres Tj presenting the finished product ( I just converted him to a 93 XJ 5spd 2dr). He now wants to do the front clip swap on his XJ. [IMG][/IMG]
Unread 03-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #20
LimeLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97cherosport View Post
When Putting the fenders on I realized that where the old ones had 3 bolts going down the front, the new fenders dont even touch to put bolts in. Now if your checking out this thread and thinking about doing this swap yourself, dont fret. When you put the headlight mount panel on it will secure the front of the fenders more than enough to compensate for the 3 bolts that you wont be able to put in.
You need to swap the two fender support brackets from the 1997+ model. The older ones are a L-shape, but the newer ones are a boxy shape.
LimeLJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #21
97cherosport
1997 XJ Cherokee 

And here she is back out in the daylight, loaded up with all the old parts ready to make a scrap run. All of this was done from start to finish in less than 4 hours. Now just gotta make time to do some body work t the rest of the truck and get some fresh paint. Also updating the interior with new dash, door panels, seats and the whole shebang. But thats gonna be a while before I have time to get any of that started. [IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by 97cherosport; 03-17-2013 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add pic.
97cherosport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #22
97cherosport
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeLJ View Post
You need to swap the two fender support brackets from the 1997+ model. The older ones are a L-shape, but the newer ones are a boxy shape.
I didnt see any reason to stop what i was doing and make a trip back to my part jeep storage yard since it was quite stabile and strong with just the headlight panel. I will go back next time i have it apart and throw those in but like i said earlier, I was limited for time and needed the truck driveable for work tomorrow

Last edited by 97cherosport; 03-17-2013 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: add quote
97cherosport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #23
97cherosport
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97cherosport View Post
And here she is back out in the daylight, loaded up with all the old parts ready to make a scrap run. All of this was done from start to finish in less than 4 hours. Now just gotta make time to do some body work t the rest of the truck and get some fresh paint. Also updating the interior with new dash, doo. r panels, seats and the whole shebang. But thats gonna be a while before I have time to get any of that started. [/IMG]
Unread 09-16-2013, 01:50 AM   #24
sega2010
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Found your ad that this is for sale on craigslist. Still got the thing?
sega2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 05:16 AM   #25
97cherosport
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sega2010 View Post
Found your ad that this is for sale on craigslist. Still got the thing?
No there's a lawsuit with the guy that had it. I own it he's trying to sell it and he screwed up the whole truck. He had some half a** mechanic do work on the engine and messed it all up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.