88 Comanche lower control arm mount. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > 88 Comanche lower control arm mount.

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
wendyanne
1988 MJ Comanche 

88 Comanche lower control arm mount.

Mine broke, I have someone that will weld it, but I need to get the part.

The Jeep is original, nothing modified. I'm confused when I read about bolts and angles. All I want is basic OEM replacement. Does anyone have a recommendation what is the basic OEM and where I can get it for the best price.

Also, what causes it to break, do I have more problems than just the mount breaking off. It's only used for normal driving. thanks. wendy

wendyanne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2013, 02:33 AM   #2
JeepJumper90
2013 JK Wrangler 

Is it the Lower Control Arm (LCA) mounts on the body or the axle?
JeepJumper90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
wendyanne
1988 MJ Comanche 

lower control arm mount

the axle, front driver side.
Unread 03-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
LimeLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

They usually rust and break off at the welds. It happens and without pictures it would be hard to explain exactly why your Jeep broke.

Iron Rock Off Road sells a heavy duty basic mount for $40.
http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...tegory_Code=UP

If your Jeep requires adjustable cam bolts then get the more expensive Rusty's Offroad version. This will be easy to figure out since the cam bolt lower mounts have a slot instead of a single hole.
http://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-su...le-mounts.html
LimeLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #5
wendyanne
1988 MJ Comanche 

I'm new so can't post pics, but there's an upload images, so I'll try, but it was pretty rusty and looks paper thin. I got one and it's supposed to get fixed Tuesday.

It looks like the one from Rusty's with that extra piece on the side. I don't know if it requires or has adjustable cam bolts, it's got the original whatever came on it back in 1988. I hope I got the right thing.

I went to AllPro Automotive in Lansing MI www.apalansing.com. Told the guy what I had, what happened, and that it was original what was busted so I'm trusting he gave me the right thing. Trusting the mechanic, who has a jeep, knows what he's doing and I figure worst case scenario the guy gets it on but not quite right and I have to drive it into Lansing and have this AllPro redo it.

Pics of my jeep can be seen here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/208790...e-regular-cab/
it had never been driven in the winter until I got is, so it's on it's 8th Michigan winter.
what-now.jpg  
Unread 03-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #6
LimeLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

That is some cancerous rust. Even the shock perch has a hole in it! It is really not surprising this broke.
LimeLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.