88 comanche clutch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > 88 comanche clutch

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
west4967
1988 MJ Comanche 

88 comanche clutch

i recently replaced the engine in my 88 comanche with another rebuilt 4.0. in the prosses i put a new clutch kit in it but now i cant get the clutch to work blew out two slave cylinders befor i tried shiming between the fly wheel and pressuer plate ive now shimed it 0.15 and the sleve cylinder dosnt blow out but stil cant get the clutch to work. i think i have the wrong pressuer plate but itsthe only one the auto parts stores show for it and i dont have the old one to compare them. any advice or thoughts apreceated

west4967 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 09:13 AM   #2
hillbilly51
1988 MJ Comanche 

Did you put the clutch disc in backwards?
You wouldn't be the first if you did.
The hub on the clutch disc goes into the pressure plate.

hope this helps
steve
hillbilly51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2012, 08:09 AM   #3
west4967
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly51 View Post
Did you put the clutch disc in backwards?
You wouldn't be the first if you did.
The hub on the clutch disc goes into the pressure plate.

hope this helps
steve
no i didnt it was just the wrong pressure plate i had to order one online. for some reason none of the auto parts stores around here show a clutch for that puguson transmission.got it going now.thanks to ebay
west4967 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.