6-8 inch lift!!' - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > MJ Comanche Technical Forum > 6-8 inch lift!!'

LOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 09-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #16
dkroll
1989 MJ Comanche 

One step forward, three steps back for me at this time. I have the Rusty's 8 inch long arm on, and the front axle under her so she can roll outside and get some sun, but the next step is locating the track bar properly on the axle.
I can't do that without loading her down with the engine, tranny and x fer case, but I don't want to do that until the undercarriage is cleaned, fixed and painted, so my gears have shifted to my floorboards for now. Maybe late this year or early next year is when I can continue with the lift. I am getting excited seeing her sit up high, but my goal is absolutely NO RUST!!!! Oh well, that is how it goes,,,better get back to the garage and do something productive now.

Once something significant is done, I will post pictures.

If I knew the weights of the components, I could cheat a bit, but this stage gives me the excuse to just finish the underneath to my demanding standards I suppose.

Unread 09-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #17
dkroll
1989 MJ Comanche 

Got to get the floor boards in one piece for now, then continue on the lift. I hate rust, so some things need to be addressed before I get too deep in this Rust'y 8+ lift. So far, so good as far as the stance of the vehicle. More to come.
Some sponsorship would help for this project, but in the meantime, I will continue to work on it at a snails pace!
Patience is a virtue!
Unread 09-16-2012, 02:50 AM   #18
dkroll
1989 MJ Comanche 

I can't believe that I am the only one out here who has done/been working on a Rusty's 8+ lift. Anybody???

Sure would like to share some war stories.
Unread 09-20-2012, 04:37 AM   #19
dkroll
1989 MJ Comanche 

When drilling thru the frame for the cross member brackets for the Rusty's long arm, I only hope you are planning on doing some floorboard replacement at the time. BECAUSE, there are inner-frame reinforcements that will be hidden in the process, unless you have the floor open already. I would have been mad if my floor was solid before I took on this mission.
Unread 09-26-2012, 04:02 PM   #20
rymanrph
1997 MJ Comanche 

What axles are you thinking about for running 37s?
rymanrph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.