ZJ D44 and TJ D44 covers the same? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > ZJ D44 and TJ D44 covers the same?

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 05-02-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
FarFire70
2005 TJ Wrangler 

ZJ D44 and TJ D44 covers the same?

I picked up two spare D30 covers while I was out at the junkyard recently off XJs. I figure that until I buy a Riddler, I can use these if I puncture my current cover. Well I'd like to get a spare for the D44 but TJs are non-existant in my local junkyards and I've had no luck finding a XJ with a D44.

I hadn't through to look at the ZJs while I was out because I was mostly looking for axle shafts and I know the ZJ D44 shafts won't work in mine. But I hadn't through to look at the covers. From what I've seen online, the bolt patterns are the same for both so I wanted to see if anyone could confirm or reject that the cover from a ZJ D44 will work on a TJ D44.

2005 Wrangler Sport, 4.0L, 6spd
2" BB, JKS 1.25" BL & MML, M/T MTZ 33x12.50R15
HP D30: Aussie Locker, D44: Eaton Elocker
FarFire70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
XJLI
1993 XJ Cherokee 

the ZJ 44 has an aluminum center section and is a completely different axle than the TJ44.. so, no.

XJLI is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.