ZJ 3" lift - Junkyard style - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > ZJ 3" lift - Junkyard style

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #31
nathantc
1994 ZJ 

i got a solid 4" with my 94 with the 5.2l using springs from a 91 f150 with the i6 and home made 1-1/2" spacers for the front and doing the f2r swap

nathantc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #32
Okie_Rider
1994 ZJ 

So can I just go snag me some cougar springs and put them on with a F>R swap? And call it good?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 05-31-2012, 09:35 AM   #33
nathantc
1994 ZJ 

i dont know about the cougar springs being as i have never used them
Unread 05-31-2012, 10:07 AM   #34
Okie_Rider
1994 ZJ 

Or is it thunderbird?

Unread 05-31-2012, 11:05 AM   #35
nathantc
1994 ZJ 

i used spring from a f150
Unread 05-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #36
Okie_Rider
1994 ZJ 

Did u use anything else? Just springs

Unread 05-31-2012, 11:16 AM   #37
nathantc
1994 ZJ 

i had to make some 1-1/2" spacers for the front to level it,,,, i guess that's cause i have the v8 jeep and the f>r swap

i also drilled a new hole for the front track bar to center the front axle,,, added new longer shocks, adjusted the caster all the way forward and did my own alinement and then re-centered the steering wheel,, the rear axle is about 1" off set but i don't mind

i have no driving issues at all,, its a daily driver
Unread 05-31-2012, 12:01 PM   #38
Okie_Rider
1994 ZJ 

So what if I just get springs and put them on and don't modify anythin? What will happen

Unread 05-31-2012, 12:55 PM   #39
nathantc
1994 ZJ 

if its sets level cool,, if not well u get the idea,,, also your alinement will be off a bit and u will have bad death wobble due to the caster being to far off

and front and rear axles will be off center
Unread 10-02-2012, 08:36 AM   #40
coltman151
1995 ZJ 

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but at least I searched first...

Anyway, I now have access to several coils from different vehicles, and I'm gonna try em out and post what works but as far as shocks go what length would I be looking for for about 2.5-3 inches of lift? I've also got access to some shocks out of a 76 f150 (4 of them) but the truck they're on is lifted about 4 inches.... I don't think they'll work but I don't think the stock ones will be long enough.
Unread 10-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #41
neonhomer
1996 ZJ 

The 4" longer truck shocks will be too long.

YJ shocks for the fronts (need to reuse barpins)

95 F150 rear shocks.

Works for me, except I find the YJ shocks wear out quickly.
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 4.0L/42RE/242 - Rebuilt motor w/ Comp cam (4/12), 3.5" Junkyard F>R lift, 31x10.5.x15 M/T's, Spartan Locked D44a, TC & tank skids, F&R adj trackbars, V8 steering arms
Galaxy DX99V CB, 102" SS Whip, Yaesu FT-2900R 2m, Larsen 1/4w mag mount, Sony HU, Massive 3way - F Door, Pioneer 3way - R Doors, MB Quart ONX304 Subs (x2), Lanzar 1600w amp.

"No Matter Where You Go... There You Are."
"Oh me oh my a lovely day is dawning. Oh what a joy I didn't wake up dead. So I can go to work and then resume my yawning, and get my sleep on site instead of in my bed" - Daria Morgendorffer (with my twist)
neonhomer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.