Yj interior lighting - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Yj interior lighting

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
joey5639
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yj interior lighting

If you have a yj wrangler you obviously know its to dark in there at times to see anything if it wasn't for the little light the dash gives off well I'm looking into purchasing 4 of these rampage led lights that go strapped into the roll bars can anyone tell me if these are worth the purchase or is there a better solution to getting light into the jeep?

image-3428633950.jpg

joey5639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels

1991 YJ Wrangler 

I have a stick on led bar that was like $15 and it works great. autozone has them in all colors, i used white.
Not sure if this is the exact one I have but it works better than any dome light ive ever had http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...ier=60049_0_0_
The_Goob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
joey5639
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Have any pictures you can upload? Also wouldn't that be a little difficult since its not a switch but more of a button that you have to hold?
joey5639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #4
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels

1991 YJ Wrangler 

well the one I have isnt battery powered, its wired in to the circuit for dome light so you can just hit that switch. mine is stuck on my hardtop, it will stick to bottom of rollbar too I suppose. no pic atm. could stick one under dash or just about anywhere
The_Goob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #5
Anticanman
One eloquent mother****er

1994 YJ Wrangler 

www.xkglow.com motorcycle lights. You can contact them here as a vendor on the forum. Should be a discount.

Plenty of light and it is wired into the stock switches.

Edit: Here's the exact link
http://www.xkglow.com/84_LED_Two_Col...p/xk034005.htm

I opted for four of the amber lights along with the ten white lights and did this
Unread 02-24-2014, 06:39 PM   #6
Guns003
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Would just like to add to this. 8 dollar led strip and like 5 dollars worth of wires and crimps. Already had a switch set up and they just needed to be plugged in

I know i know they are not perfectly straight but they are above my head and i wont notice it.

Then a long 30" strip on the roll bar. Cut little holes and ran the wiring under the padding.
Unread 03-02-2014, 06:28 PM   #7
Springer45
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Here's a cheap way of getting more light. Put 1156 bulbs in your under dash lights instead of 89. They put out more light than the 89s. You shouldn't pop a fuse but if you do no matter what DONT PUT A BIGGER ONE IN! (I've seen people do this way too many times) I have had mine in for a while now no problems. The alternative is to put led 1156 bulbs in. Same light less wattage, no fuse concerns. Forget wiring up some fancy led expensive alternative, utilize the stock running lights and try this. Trust me I have PLENTY of light.
Springer45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.