Wiper reduction surgery - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Wiper reduction surgery

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
reddirtTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I searched online before and couldn't find anything like this but I'm sure it's floating around somewhere out there. I really like the wiper blades without the pressure points that come on the newer vehicles. And like any Jeeper knows they do not come in our correct length.

I did do this without my Jeep so I'm sure you could fine tune these to maximize the coverage of the wipers. I'm hoping these work well since its the time of the year we are supposed to get rain and freezing drizzle.

image-2152998778.jpg

I used the Bosch wiper blades. I planned on using the RainX kind but I had a extra set of Bosch. I like the RainX kind because the blade is removable and I could pull and replace the blade when it becomes worn. The Bosch appear to be glued in.

First I pulled off the plastic the end. You just spread them apart and pull them off. Then I'm marked on the metal piece with a marker where I wanted to cut it off. I used a Dremel to cut the thin metal.

image-2435883214.jpg

I also cut the corners of the inside of the metal so it would slide over the plastic end cap. I primed the metal that I cut so I wouldn't flake and rust.

image-1809903119.jpg

Then with the razor I trimmed the blade about a quarter of an inch short of the end. I also trimmed the plastic piece that is all on top of the wiper.

image-2213663078.jpg

Then you put the wiper blade back between the metal strips and slide the top rubber piece on. I used weatherstrip adhesive to secure the end caps back on. Let it dry and you have mini blades.

image-4019582536.jpg

I also tweaked the metal in the wiper blade because when it is shorter the force will have to be greater from the arm to make it flush. (This is all in theory.)

It took me about 30 min or so and they are within 1/8 of an inch from matching. So if I can get them to clean the window I'll be happy. If not oh well, good luck.

Jeep, TJ, cut, wiper blades, 13"

"TJ's and CJ's are Jeeps. BJ's are something else entirely. I can only help you with the first two." Sundowner
reddirtTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
reddirtTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Damn I finally found it.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ra...cation-947782/

"TJ's and CJ's are Jeeps. BJ's are something else entirely. I can only help you with the first two." Sundowner
reddirtTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.