Window tint - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Window tint

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 10-06-2012, 01:23 AM   #1
BigWheel7
1999 WJ 

Window tint

Going to be installing window tint on my jeep and was wondering for anyone who has done it. Was it easier to pull the windows all the way out of the car to do it or leave them in and take off the door panel.

Mods if this is wrong forum please move it. I couldn't really find a good thread to put it in.

BigWheel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #2
Busyman

I tint windows professionally. I always leave the glass in the vehicle. However, I would suggest that you pull the door panels. It will make life easier! Remember, the prep work. Use a new razor blade to scrape the whole window. Up and down then left to right. Also, clean out the felt jams very well, a lot of dust ( contamination) likes to hide in there. Not sure where your getting your film from but make sure it carries a life time warranty or it will prob. Fade and turn blue within a year. Lastly, instead of hand cutting the pattern yourself, try to find some precut material. If you cannot find it pm me and we can work something out. I precut all of the vehicles I tint with my plotter. Makes life easier. Good luck!!
Busyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 01:27 AM   #3
BigWheel7
1999 WJ 

Well i already have it ordered and in my hands. I got some pre cut 2 ply tint.
Unread 10-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
Busyman

Ok good! 2 ply is usually a higher end film. Good luck. If you run into problems, pm me with your number and hopefully I can walk you through it.
Busyman
Busyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 02:47 AM   #5
sdotcarter
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Damn I tinted my sidewindows tonight. Didn't even think about the precut stuff. Eather way I love my window tint.
sdotcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 03:05 AM   #6
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Unread 10-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #7
BigWheel7
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdotcarter View Post
Damn I tinted my sidewindows tonight. Didn't even think about the precut stuff. Eather way I love my window tint.

Yea i got some precut tint for like 25 dollars for every window and that was cheaper then buying individual rolls and cutting them myself. I have yet to put it on yet. How's did yours come out?
Unread 10-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #8
strvger01
1966 CJ5 

in the past i used a spray on window tint. i liked it lots, but now i can't find it anywhere. anyone know if they still make it and if so, where it can be had? sorry for the thread jack. thanks.
strvger01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #9

Vacuum out the car real good, then do it on a rainy day. Less dust on a rainy day.
416469 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.