wheelin" with seatbelts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > wheelin" with seatbelts

UCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!Jeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andZone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, Disc

Unread 10-24-2004, 07:41 PM   #1
Why J?
1993 YJ Wrangler 

wheelin" with seatbelts

Ever go to look where you are going and BAM you get caught by the seat belt? I hate that. one way to fix it is to put the shoulder harness behind you, the other is to use a clip on the seat belt to keep it from locking up. what i did was to use the rear seat lap belts. they are perfect, direct bolt ins and the right length. I have had my rear out for some time in the attic and i was up there looking around and i saw them and thought it would work, used them last night worked great.

Why J? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2004, 07:55 PM   #2
dakuda
Admin, Jeep in Pieces

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Personally, I would rather have them lock up as they are designed to and be inconvenienced a few times.

2013 Dodge Charger | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | Ramsey Winches | www.dakuda.com
dakuda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2004, 08:59 PM   #3
Yeller'00sport

my problem with seat belts is when you stop and you are kinda off kilter a little and you get out for what ever reason. The problem I have is when I get back in. I can never buckle back up until I am absolutely flat it seems. I always buckle, but I'm afraid the worse will happen while trying to get the seatbelt to release enough to buckly up.
Yeller'00sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2004, 11:33 AM   #4
denverd0n

Slipping the shoulder strap behind you for a moment while you look is fine, but leaving it there while you're 4-wheeling is DUMB! Most of the Jeep clubs I know of REQUIRE seatbelt use while on a trail run. There is a very good reason for that rule!
denverd0n is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2004, 09:22 PM   #5
bockwho

My grandfather had a plastic thing that slid over the sholder web belt with a little red slider in it that you could lock the seat belt so that it would lay loosly across you. if you didnt move the red thing the seat belt would not retract clamp would work the same way .

[COLOR=darkslategray][FONT=book antiqua]My Life is Hard[/FONT] [/COLOR]
bockwho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.