what oil to run? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > what oil to run?

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 07-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
starsonmyarm

what oil to run?

I have a 96 xj with the 4.0 and am wondering what yall think about specific oil and filter combinations to run. I just rolled over 160k miles.

starsonmyarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
tjcj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Its all personal preference. I just changed mine yesterday with a Fram filter and Castrol GTX oil.

Sent from my XT881 using JeepForum
Unread 07-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
starsonmyarm

Higher mileage? What's the difference in regular oil vs. Synthetic or high mileage?
Unread 07-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
tjcj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I don't run the high mileage my 98 has 124000 on it. I'm not sure the difference in the conventional vs high milage. No idea on synthetic either other than its more $.

Sent from my XT881 using JeepForum
Unread 07-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #5
starsonmyarm

I'm figuring the same, just keep it changed every 3k or so and maintain. Thanks for the help

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.