What flywheel can i use? - JeepForum.com
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 09-20-2012, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
1980 CJ7 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 15
What flywheel can i use?

I have an 80 CJ7 with the 258. It has a SR-4 4spd right now and I have acquired a TH400 out of a 78-79 CJ with transfer case. I have the torque converter but the flywheel is missing. I know I can't use my flex plate for obvious reasons but can I use a flywheel from a 304 jeep? Or possibly any other engine anyone knows? It's hard to find the flywheel for te straight 6 Auto. The 258 is internally balanced an the 304 is externally balanced so I didn't know if the flywheel interchanges. Someone help!

StLMIKEY81 is offline  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome