Two Jeeps, one key. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Two Jeeps, one key.

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3

Unread 04-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #31
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Seems to me like the locking column could easy by bypass/eliminated with a grinder or something...

I like the multiple switches idea... and if you put a fuel cutoff somewhere, you can just trip that one in parking lots or at night, so if someone DOES figure out the process, they will only get a bout 1 block away...

BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #32
Noodles_24
1949 CJ3A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan318 View Post
Seems to me like the locking column could easy by bypass/eliminated with a grinder or something...

I like the multiple switches idea... and if you put a fuel cutoff somewhere, you can just trip that one in parking lots or at night, so if someone DOES figure out the process, they will only get a bout 1 block away...
well like i said i had a pvc cover that was locked so they'd have to get under that. i mean like it's not to hard to break pvc but it worked all right for me. all though i do like the grinder to remove the locking column that may work in my 95 zj
Noodles_24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2009, 05:55 PM   #33
jos88gw
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

i would use 2

you dont want 1 key
jos88gw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2009, 06:25 PM   #34
deerhunter1911
1997 TJ Wrangler 

oh, gross man...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboyts View Post
is this anything like 2 girls, 1 cup?
Red Jeep Club member # 389

FLY NAVY!
deerhunter1911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2009, 09:46 PM   #35
FunkSkunk
Sold my soul to JeepForum

1992 YJ Wrangler 

My best friends got an 2005 Dodge Cummins Dually tow rig and his key started up my '92 YJ, pretty hilarious when it happened. Hmmm... maybe I should try my wife's Durango and Stratus keys?

It probably has something to do with the age of my jeep too, those key cylinders get worn out.
Unread 02-23-2010, 04:00 PM   #36
TJRUSSELL
2005 TJ Wrangler 

take the lock cylinder out of the second jeep and put the first jeeps key in it and grind and deburr the tumblers that stick out of the cylinder and now you use the first jeeps key for the bolth of the jeeps, i did it to the full doors i bought off of a different jeep for winter time when the half doors come off
TJRUSSELL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2010, 09:42 PM   #37
Red91xj26
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboyts View Post
is this anything like 2 girls, 1 cup?

hahahahaha
Unread 03-30-2010, 08:02 PM   #38
frankinjeep
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i have to say your dealers are rapin ya for the grey keys, at the dealer i work at we charge $35 for the key to be cut and programed
frankinjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2013, 07:44 AM   #39
Corbie
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I was thinking of 2 jeeps 1 key would be nice
Unread 09-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #40
Corbie
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I use to use my old GM key to unlock my helicopter
Unread 08-15-2014, 05:41 PM   #41
rockymtwrangler
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauceJunky View Post
I have two Jeeps (02 TJ,01 XJ) and think it would be cool to be able to carry just one key. Does anyone know if the lock cylinder is keyed to both sides of the key? I know on my old Ford you could get each side of the key cut to a specific car. I figured it this would be a cheap thing to try, but Wal-Mart and Home-Depot key cutting machines seem to be set up to duplicate both sides at the same time. May need to go to a locksmith. You can tell I'm financially challenged when I'm thinking of things like this as a "cool mod" but hey it would still count right?

My key for my 95 YJ works in my 95 XJ
rockymtwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.