TJ Pulls hard to the left all the time - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > TJ Pulls hard to the left all the time

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-05-2014, 08:24 PM   #16
watkinstj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

If the axle is more forward or backward from the other side it won't cause a pull in most cases. It will make it "dog track" (front axle will be shifted left or right of the rear axle)and the steering wheel will be off but no pull. Rear brakes can also cause the pull. Have those been checked for heat/rolling resistance like the fronts were(drum brakes to tight/lining came loose, caliper seized, pads frozen in bracket, brake hose like was mentioned before)? Also sometimes swaping the front tires side to side(put the left on the right and the right on the left). Sometimes it will eliminate or make it pull the other way.

watkinstj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2014, 06:49 AM   #17
DoughBro
Tonka Tuff

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Really? That's interesting about the axle part thanks for clarification.

The more I drive the better it's gotten ...or I'm just getting used to it. I have a hp 30 going in soon so I'm not planning on wasting any time working on this until after that. As far as I can tell the brakes aren't the culprits but I wouldn't put money on that just yet
DoughBro is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.