is there a way to just replace the windows? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > is there a way to just replace the windows?

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 06-16-2013, 04:39 AM   #1
raser13
1980 CJ5 

is there a way to just replace the windows?

i was just wondering, i know a guy who is going to get rid of his top because his clear plastic windows are cracked on his soft top. is there a way to replace just the clear windows? have some new ones sewn on? or just replace the removable window panels? seems a waste since his soft top is in great shape otherwise.

raser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
JeepGoat78
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yes and no. You can get single window or pairs from the manufacturer sometimes. It is usually too costly to be worth it though. I know Bestop has replacements readily available but as far as I know they only work on the Bestop tops.

There is no way I know of to replace only the clear plastic but you might want to call around to places that make boat tops. they might be able to custom make something like that but I'd expect it to be expensive.

Another option is to watch craigslist. There are often people selling Jeep windows and you can get some good deals if you're patient.

Your friend could also go ahead and buy his new top and then sell his old one on craigslist to help with the cost. If his top is good then it should get $100 minimum even with jacked up windows.

Good luck.
JeepGoat78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
JeepGoat78
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I was having a look around the JF vendor list and came across these guys. They have tinted replacement window sets for the back and rear at pretty reasonable prices. Hope that helps.
JeepGoat78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #4
raser13
1980 CJ5 

thanks for the info guys. i just thought that it was silly that we would have to drop around 500+ bucks every time one of these clear windows cracked especially since they zip out and remove individually. but it looks like this one is going out and a new one going in it's place. shame there isn't something easier and cheaper. might have to check with some upholstery shops maybe they'll have an idea.
raser13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.