JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Cheap Tricks & Fixes (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f46/)
-   -   Testing front upper windows with some spray tint.. (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f46/testing-front-upper-windows-some-spray-tint-1532361/)

wrscpc07 06-04-2013 04:19 PM

Testing front upper windows with some spray tint..

I just said this in another thread but I have a set of uppers in my garage that I have no use for because a friend shot a BB through them and I bought new ones so now those are just sitting there..

I bought a can of tint for my markers the other day and still have almost the whole can left and was going to try spraying it on an upper door skin and see what happens..

Would anybody be interested in seeing this? I have no other use for those uppers with holes in them..

daven75 06-05-2013 12:22 AM

I would, why not, I'm sure alot of people are wondering, not just jeepers.

wrscpc07 06-05-2013 09:23 AM

OK, so I tested the window. .

NOTE.. I did not take a lot of time to do this. I literally taped it of, sprayed it half ***. I just used the can, not a different nozzle or anything. It only covers about two inches so as I was spraying back and forth it definitely made lines so I sort of just kept spraying everywhere. I only did that once, no second coat was added. I'm sure I could have done a better job, also done it in a better area because a leaf fell on it as I was doing it so it sorta got marked up on the top left corner. But, it at least gives us some answers. I will probably try it on the other window later but take it a bit more seriously and do a better job..

i tried to capture it every angle of the window so you can see. There are definitely lines on the inside but you cant tell from the outside. Also note that I did not take the window and put it on the frame I literally just opened the window thats on my upper now and then put the tinted one in place and slammed the door to hold it up.I also folded the window and rolled it multiple times and no creases. But who folds these windows anyway? I unzip mine and just hang it inside the door..

Conclusion:

Does it look good? Yes, but from the outside only. Inside you can see the streaks from the spray can since the spray wasn't very wide (though with time and effort I probably could have made it better)

Can you see? Eh, you can see objects from the inside but it's blurry. From the outside you can't see in

Is it legal? I'm assuming absolutely not

Tomorrow I might do my second damaged window but take the time and see how it comes out with more effort.

Ferrachi 06-05-2013 09:45 AM

I've been wondering about this for sometime now. What product did you use? Thanks for shareing this, was too afraid to try myself.

wrscpc07 06-05-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferrachi (Post 15522273)
I've been wondering about this for sometime now. What product did you use? Thanks for shareing this, was too afraid to try myself.

I would have never done this without having those useless spares. I wouldn't want to ruin mine without knowing for sure. I'll post a pic of the can later but it was rustoleum window tint

wrscpc07 06-05-2013 03:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Gonna start uploading all the pics

wrscpc07 06-05-2013 07:18 PM

6 Attachment(s)
You can see on the pics of the inside of the window the streaks from me going back and fourth spraying. It's hard to see out of. I am going to test tonight how well you can see lights from the inside but it's pretty much a blur

wrscpc07 06-05-2013 07:21 PM

:cheers2:

wrscpc07 06-05-2013 07:30 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Sure does look good from the outside though..

cwadej 06-11-2013 01:38 PM

I'd say only as a way to keep eyes and more heat out when parked. Keep them down when driving.

wrscpc07 06-11-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwadej (Post 15547810)
I'd say only as a way to keep eyes and more heat out when parked. Keep them down when driving.

I never installed them on my jeep I just used a spare to see what it looked like. But ya, they would be usable for those purposes but you basically cant see anything out of them.

The time now is 08:46 AM.