Tank guard - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Tank guard

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 12-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
Drix
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Tank guard

Had my fuel tank off to replace a busted tank strap. I noticed there was quite a bit of water still between the tank and the guard. So I busted up the rust and added some drain holes so water won't get trapped.

I thought that water being in there still was odd because I have not had my jeep out of the garage in a month or so. So it had to be there for quite a while. The holes are 3/8ths.

image-1023859767.jpg   image-2478480423.jpg  
95' YJ 4" lift 33"x12.5r15's D30/8.8 locked with 4:88's
USMC Jeep Club #6
"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines."
Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918
Drix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #2
jomamor
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Good Idea. Mine was rusted out completely when i bought it and began the build. Seems like a bad design in the first place. Seems like every one i have dropped has had moisture below the tank
jomamor is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.