tail light mod - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > tail light mod

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 03-29-2005, 03:50 PM   #1
canadia_driver

tail light mod *PICS ADDED*

so ive been looking for something to dress up my tails and i could find anything good on ebay or any store, so i went to a hobby shop and got transulcent black paint (tint spray) for a model car and i sprayed it on the tails, but first i stuck a line of tape over the white backup part, so now ive got a sort of black cherry looking tail lights with a white line in the middle that i think looks really good with my clear corners on the front

Last edited by canadia_driver; 03-31-2005 at 12:00 PM..
canadia_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2005, 04:37 PM   #2
DestructoJr
The Thin Blue Line

got any pics??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marneaus
10 because you're awesomely conservative and bash all the liberals. hoorah!
www.offroadoverstock.com

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
--John Stewart Mill--
DestructoJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2005, 05:07 PM   #3
canadia_driver

yeah sure ill take some tomorrow when its light out

Last edited by canadia_driver; 03-31-2005 at 11:59 AM..
Unread 04-02-2005, 06:49 AM   #4
gmbtj

they look dirty.
Gun Metal Blue Jeep Club Member #1
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club Member #1 (President)
1999 Four Banga Wrangla - NO MORE!!!! -Going in 4.6L Stroker - TF 727 - Dana 300 HD
Teraflex 3T w/ OME's on 32" BFG M/T's
AtoZ Yaffy Style rocker guards l Tuffy Series II Security Console l Zirgo "S-Blade" electric fan l PSC Trail corners w/ LED's l Hella 500's l Expensive Sound System
gmbtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2005, 11:27 AM   #5
Av Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmbtj
they look dirty.
I second that..
JC fab rockers and 1" seat lift
33"BFG MT's
Nth degree adjustable upper arm
Nth degree lower arms
Power trax front locker
Av Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2005, 11:43 AM   #6
mookarma

i see you taped off your Jeep logo, but I think you may have gotten a little overspray on the rear of the vehicle
mookarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2005, 06:25 PM   #7
canadia_driver

i get the idea, i need a car wash, lol, ill take some new pics when i wash
Unread 04-06-2005, 11:38 PM   #8
Punisher
1994 YJ Wrangler 

why dont you get some "night-shade" and wet-sand it so that it doesnt look like you flat-blacked your tails?? LOL

BTW just with my own personal experience in RC cars...I hope that you didnt use the Pactra "Tint" in the little rattle cans...

The idea is solid, clean the rear and repost...i'd like to see them when they are done!
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2005, 10:35 AM   #9
AudioGuru

I did this on the backup lights to my old Stealth, except I got the spray on tint from the auto parts store. It's very runny and prone to uneven coverage. I just did an extremely thin coat every 5-6 minutes and left them in the sun to dry. After about 30 coats, they looked fine. If you don't take the time, you get the splotchy results seen above.

[COLOR=White]Don't lie. God said so.[/COLOR]
AudioGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2005, 03:30 PM   #10
canadia_driver

splotchy results

ouch man, its not bad at all, its only cause my truck is dirty
Unread 04-21-2005, 08:51 AM   #11
OlllllllO Jeep1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioGuru
I did this on the backup lights to my old Stealth, except I got the spray on tint from the auto parts store. It's very runny and prone to uneven coverage. I just did an extremely thin coat every 5-6 minutes and left them in the sun to dry. After about 30 coats, they looked fine. If you don't take the time, you get the splotchy results seen above.
I use to see spray tint for tinting windows, in JC Whitney catalag. Is this the same stuff that you are talking about? A friend of mine was thinking of tinting his headlights, only prob is that I dont know where to get this stuff. I am also unsure of an legality issues of permanantly tinting headlights or if tint would really affect the light output, but we were just going to try it out on his old euro style lights that he plans on replacing anyway. If it works on those I may use it on my Jeep headlights and Hardtop windows if I can find this stuff. The only thing that scares me is that you say that it is runny and splotchy. Then again like I said we would be trying it on old headlights first.
OlllllllO Jeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.