Soft top recommendations? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Soft top recommendations?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 10-23-2012, 05:50 AM   #1
yachtjockey
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Soft top recommendations?

My factory soft top has seen better days on my 99 TJ. Does anyone have a recommendation for a replacement? Ive heard that some of the newer designs have a lot of versatility in that they can convert from a full top to a safari, bikini,etc.

yachtjockey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtjockey View Post
My factory soft top has seen better days on my 99 TJ. Does anyone have a recommendation for a replacement? Ive heard that some of the newer designs have a lot of versatility in that they can convert from a full top to a safari, bikini,etc.
well there is softopper frameless, but its more expensive then a factory replacement, very cool though.
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My Rampage frameless is waiting back home for me. Hoping to install it this weekend. Check out my build for pics later.

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #4
0llll0
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I would recommend the Best Top Half Top. I've had mine for a few years now and really like it. The top completely opens up above the driver and passenger, and the back window unzips down to a mesh screen. If you don't need room for more than two people it would be worth looking into, since the back is now a tonneau cover. Price check at a few places though, this top seems to vary a lot in price from different companies.
0llll0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #5
joeydominick
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Rampage framless
joeydominick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #6
karlo

Check out Bestop on the Internet. They have a wide collection of tops for your TJ.
karlo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #7
mateas
2006 LJ Wrangler 

My only experience with aftermarket is Viking and subsequently Rampage (who bought the design/patent from Viking) frameless tops. Never had an issue with the Viking top, had it on the Jeep for two years before selling the Jeep. Unfortunately I can't say that about the Rampage top after only 8 months or so. They're customer service, in my own personal experience, is great, a strap broke on the back and after contacting them once they sent me TWO replacements! Unfortunately, the strap has since broken higher up and is not as simple as replacing it, I'm going to have to take the top in and have a shop fix it. I've got a tear on the inside where the two "flaps" meet, and the stitching is tearing in several different places. Now, I have NOT contacted Rampage about these issues, there's nothing to say they wouldn't make it right with me, but after owning the Viking (Rampage predecessor) for two years and never one issue with quality, and now the Rampage only 8 months and having several quality issues, I can't say too much good about the QUALITY of the Rampage. I think next spring I'm going to get a Bestop Trektop NX. Again, customer service experience: GREAT, quality of product, not so great, and to reiterate I haven't contacted them about the issues I've had since the strap first broke, so don't think I'm slamming the company.
Unread 10-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #8
TJsjeeptj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtjockey
Im selling a rampage frameless top if ur interested
TJsjeeptj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 04:22 PM   #9

I like besttop for the quality of the vinyl
416469 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #10
mateas
2006 LJ Wrangler 

IIRC doesnt Bestop make OEM tops for Jeep?
Unread 11-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #11
jherberg
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doone View Post
I like besttop for the quality of the vinyl
Besttop is the way to go, nothing but good things for me.
jherberg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #12
MarlboroWrangle

ditto on the bestop
MarlboroWrangle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.