Snow plowing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Snow plowing

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 09-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
jeep20100

Snow plowing

I have a 2004 tj with an automatic, would it be ok to snow plow or would it burn up my transmission?

jeep20100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
05JGC
2003 TJ Wrangler 

You'd be fine. Keep it out of OD if you have one and make sure that your plowing in 4 lo with any substantial snow amount. Use the gears. I have a Rubicon with a 5 speed so its a little different but i regularly use 3rd and 4th to keep the shifting to a minimum and the rpms up to produce good power/speed for moving snow. I have 10 driveways and a road I plow and it works like a charm. A trans cooler isnt a bad idea and is cheap money for any worries that you might have.
05JGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
oteps
1980 CJ5 

Put a big tranny cooler on it, maybe a gauge also. If you take it easy it will be ok. If you are plowing 2 feet of snow from a lot that has to be open right away, get a 3/4 or 1 ton truck.
oteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
printingray

You can use Rubicon mount for lift kit and tires. Put 22 series which put an excellent application on wrangler.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.