Restoring my 4 point harness color? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Restoring my 4 point harness color?

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window Regulator

Unread 03-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #1
BeaverBeliever
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Restoring my 4 point harness color?

anyone have any good ideas on on to restore the color of my harnesses? they are red, but do to sun they have faded ...... ive heard about fabric paint but was curious if it will bleed on to people that are using the seatbelts? thought about dying them, but i worry about the bleeding with that?
anyone have any ideas????

BeaverBeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #2
baldfatdad

If they have been in the sun enough to take the color out, its probably time to buy new ones.
baldfatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 11:13 PM   #3
1320quick
2003 TJ Wrangler 

A few years ago, I dyed the faded factory seatbelts in an old muscle car. I used Rit fabric dye that you can buy at any grocery or walmart. They came out great and there were no problems with the color bleeding after they dried. I used warm soapy water and a scrub brush to clean them first. Then I followed the directions on the Rit dye. I was very happy with how they came out and I am very particular on stuff like that on my Nova's. I used black dye but I'm sure they have red as well.
Unread 04-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #4
74Maverick
1977 CJ5 

I dont wear seatbelts but yeah if your concerned enough to get a harness, know that as the color turns their integrity is less and less. The manufacturer should have some writing on that about age and stuff. As for a color treatment I dont know.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.