Refacing rotor, or get a new one? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Refacing rotor, or get a new one?

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-04-2012, 07:46 AM   #16
DimebagDave
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo75racing View Post
Don't waste your time and money. Buy new ones. You will save yourself from having to do them shortly after. Besides, the price difference is not much. Am taking from experience.
Thanks, already done. Got new ones. Only reason I asked was a buddy of mine could reface them. Just got new ones and pads. Next is my u-joint. Keeps breaking...

Sent from my space using JeepForum

Unread 03-31-2013, 08:08 PM   #17
dennjim
2007 KK Liberty 

I am replacing rotors and brakes on my 2007 Liberty , can't seem to get the rotors off . They have not been off before , seems to be just rusted on tight . Tried hitting them from all around(witha piece of wood protecting them ) , just can't seem to shake them off . I will try some Liquid Wrench on them , and i have removed the small retaining tabs on the lug studs , I am missing something else to remove ? I have the caliper and the brake pad clip off of course.
Thanks for any help .
As a though , should I take a propane torch for sweating copper pipes and heat up the rotor , I would be carefull not to damage the hub , just warm it up to maybe loosen it (heat expands metal , right)?

Last edited by dennjim; 04-01-2013 at 05:26 AM..
dennjim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #18
dbabicky
1975 J-Series Truck 

Had to use heat myself a time or two.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.