Recharging A/C in a TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Recharging A/C in a TJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #1
alexdodez
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Recharging A/C in a TJ

I attempted to recharge my A/C in my 2000 TJ. I had it connected to what I thought was the low pressure connection, but nothing happened after I started the engine and pierced the can. The pressure gauge did jump around a bit, but it would not take in the freon. Wondering if I did something wrong or what.

alexdodez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #2
alexdodez
2000 TJ Wrangler 

This is where i connected
image-400052325.jpg
Unread 07-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #3
wheelie387a
2000 TJ Wrangler 

That is the correct location. Did you have the A/C turned on when attempting to charge it? if so was the compressor clutch locked in?
wheelie387a is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #4
alexdodez
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I didn't disengage the pin after I punctured the can...duh?
Unread 08-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
swirve
2000 TJ Wrangler 

That stuff is nothing but garbage, it will plug up the whole system. Most shops that recharge ac wont even touch a rig with that stuff in it
swirve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #6
Libertygj
2005 KJ Liberty 

what "stuff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirve View Post
That stuff is nothing but garbage, it will plug up the whole system. Most shops that recharge ac wont even touch a rig with that stuff in it
Libertygj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #7
SmitsXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

When my A/C stopped working i had to add to recharge it and the compressor was still not cycling, just make sure if the system if not over pressurized or your compressor will not cycle. Test the pressure and make sure it's in the middle.
SmitsXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.