Rear Storage Compartment - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Rear Storage Compartment

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 06-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
peytonimor7
2004 WJ 

Rear Storage Compartment

When i bought my WJ the factory CD changer wasn't in, so i decided to convert it to a storage compartment.

1st i just removed it by taking the screws out, and used a deep 10mm socket to get the nuts out to take the metal mounting bracket off

metal mounting bracket

the screws were riveted in the metal and poking out alot so i had to cut them with bolt cutters. DO NOT do this if you are planning on re-installing a factory cd changer.

cut screws

next i just cut some plastic tips and superglued them on the screws so i don't cut my hand when reaching for my goodies

put the cover back on and voila! it holds tire sealant, flashlight, and a 12v power converter. very easy and effective mod!

peytonimor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 12:49 AM   #2
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

GOOD JOB...
blazepsi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio , grand cherokee , modification , storage

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.