Radio Volume Knob- Help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Radio Volume Knob- Help!

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 12-29-2013, 11:12 PM   #1
Bryan_325
2002 WJ 

Radio Volume Knob- Help!

I have a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee with its original radio. The on/off/volume knob broke off the other day, the knob itself cracked, and it left a piece of metal inside the shaft where the knob connected. Has this happened to anybody? What did you do? I tried searching for replacement knobs, may have found one, idk if anybody knows of a website that sells them. But my problem is, once I get it, is there anyway for me to even make it work again? For now I have volume on steering wheel, but I like being able to shut radio off completely and quickly if I need to, plus it looks crappy. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm lost!

Bryan_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 08:00 AM   #2
Piney95ZJ
1995 ZJ 

I work for NAPA Auto Parts and we have replacment chrysler knobs that would work for your vehicle, your local napa should be able to help you out. If not or if you don't have one around your location just PM me and I'd be happy to help you out!
Piney95ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 08:03 AM   #3
Piney95ZJ
1995 ZJ 

As for the metal, perhaps a small pair of needle point pliers would fit in there just enough to pull the metal (I'm guessing its a D-shaped sleeve on the shaft..) off?
Piney95ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.