please help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > please help

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 11-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
lukeverkroost

please help

IVe owned my jeep for a couple of years now and I keep getting this problem where my electric radiator fan stops working and when the jeep starts it splutters on low revs for a sec then the revs rise up for a sec then drops back down and idles normaly! I don't know how the two problems are connected but they are because last time it happened I replaced the ecu and both problems went away that was about 10 months ago, now it's back again, it's starts funny n the fan isn't working! The big fuse clicks when I connect it but I have noticed that there isn't any power to the fan at the plug above the radiator! Could it be from a bad ecu? Also when my fan is going it's runs as soon as the motor is started and doesn't stop until the engine is stopped regardless if the engine is hot or cold! PLEASE help!!! Any info i would be greatfull, cheers from Australia

lukeverkroost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #2
redman87
1964 CJ5 

Check the temperature sensor it tells the ecm how the control the fuel mix for hot and cold conditions, idle speed ,and the cooling fan. Just a thought
redman87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
lukeverkroost

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman87
Check the temperature sensor it tells the ecm how the control the fuel mix for hot and cold conditions, idle speed ,and the cooling fan. Just a thought
Thanks for the info! The temp sensor is what I was thinking, that would explain how my jeeps been running since the fan stopped. By any chance would you know the location of the temp sensor on the 4.0 i-6, 97 cherokee xj and/or how I could check it? Thanks!
Unread 11-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #4
itzfreddie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Cant find the post but i believe unlimited04 said "Are you familiar with the vapor lock & heat soak issues many of the 4.0L's get? the engine compartment gets heat soaked, and the fuel in the fuel rail gets vaporized = sputtering until the cool fuel gets up to the injectors & the vapors get cleared."
itzfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2014, 06:51 AM   #5
lukeverkroost

Thanks, found out the problem it was the temp sensor. Im a bit late but... Better late then never. Thanks for the advice way back

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.