Painting soft top windows - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Painting soft top windows

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 04-06-2014, 10:48 AM   #1
badwrench
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Painting soft top windows

With out laughing wildly, has anyone ever painted the inside of your soft top windows. Have tinted the inside with the normal tint,lasted a couple of years,but now it's coming off, like everyone said it would. So now i'll have to peel it off & get the goo-gone out. Don't want top buy soft top with tinted windows,so am thinking of painting the inside of them with black Krylon plastic paint. Crazy idea ??? any help would be great.Tks

badwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2014, 12:00 AM   #2
ChicagoYJ
Yes, I Understand!

1989 YJ Wrangler 

I have a buddy that used the paint they sell to black out your tail lights.

Looks good. On the outside almost looks factory, pretty dark but when you get inside you can tell it's sprayed on (orange peel effect). I think he did three light coats.

He used the black out spray for it's transparency and it's made for plastic.

He sprayed it on the inside. Like I said don't look bad. It's been about 6 months and holding up well.
ChicagoYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2014, 07:19 PM   #3
badwrench
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks a bunch, i'll see if i can find at the local auto parts shop. Sounds like it would work the best.Cheers
badwrench is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.