O2 Sensor Fix / Code P0135 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > O2 Sensor Fix / Code P0135

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 12-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
bcowan
2002 TJ Wrangler 

O2 Sensor Fix / Code P0135

My CEL has been coming on lately. I did a computer reading and got a P0135 - O2 Sensor Heater Circuit / Bank 1 Sensor 1. I replaced the O2 sensor with a Bosch sensor (can't find any Mopar sensors around where I'm from). Reset the computer (disconnected the battery for 10 minutes) and the CEL was gone and my Jeep was running better than it has been since last spring.

A week later, the CEL came back on and I checked it again. Same problem but I knew something else had to be going on. I did some looking around on the good ole interweb and found a great article on how to troubleshoot the O2 sensor. Long story short, I had a blown O2 sensor fuse (15 amp fuse in the engine compartment) that was preventing the heater circuit from operating. Replaced the fuse, checked the connection with my multimeter and voila! 12 volts right where it should be.

So, before going out and spending anywhere from $50 - $120 on a new O2 sensor, check the connections on the wire harness on the engine and on the sensor itself. Could save you some big bucks in the long run. The fuse, which came in a pack of four, only cost $4.

Here's the link to the article that I used:
http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/gm/...a-p0135-page-1

bcowan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2014, 03:14 PM   #2
Dlrichards
2002 TJ Wrangler 

You just saved me 54 bucks. And some labour. HA! Because that is exactly the code mine is spitting. Heater for for o2 sensor though I do believe I was told it bank 2.
Dlrichards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.