nuts stuck in door - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > nuts stuck in door

August special - FREE XJ Unibody stiffeners when you buy a~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!

Unread 05-21-2010, 05:05 PM   #16
Nightwalker
1979 CJ5 

Ai Dios Mia!
That's the greatest title ever.

Could you cut the hinges off and replace them?

[SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Red"]"Give Life" Donate a pint of blood.[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

"This place is like a fine drug.

It's easy to start, hard to quit, you lose sleep over it, you lose money because of it, and you put up with alot of **** from some people associated with it. But no matter what you never wanna give it up."

Can't sleep?
Join [url]http://www.nightcrew.org/index.php[/url]
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 05:08 PM   #17
Delaware4x4
2005 TJ Wrangler 

how can anyone see that thread title and not click it? This may end up being one of the most viewed threads of all time
White Jeep Club Member #74
Delaware4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 07:49 PM   #18
EZAces
1993 YJ Wrangler 

are you sure its part of the nut? or just the treads the nut goes on? you could use a dremal too with a cut off blade and cut them off between the hinge and the nut. I never put my nuts back on my doors.

[b][u][url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/np-231-j-rebuild-sye-install-748821/]NP231 rebuild and SYE install[/url][/u][/b]

[b][u][color=blue][url=http://www.4x4country.net/register.php?REF=73]Fun online game I play while reading the boards[/url][/color][/u][/b]
EZAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:33 PM   #19
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

And I thought it was bad when the latch post ripped off my belt loop. I'm sorry man, hope you're feeling better.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 12:33 AM   #20
Demp
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
And I thought it was bad when the latch post ripped off my belt loop. I'm sorry man, hope you're feeling better.
x2, Maybe I should put the nuts back on my doors? Haven't done that since a week after i got it

In all seriousness, I'd have to see a picture of the OP problem. Rereading it doesnt make much sense as a nut doesn't "break off" but you can round off the head. The fix is to vice grip, grind flat sides, or cut it off.
Demp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 01:26 AM   #21
fentoozler71
2001 TJ Wrangler 

pics

sorry about the quality, phone camera. any way, as you can see from the side view there really isnt anything to grab onto, most of that on the bottom is threads from the bolt. the other pic is kind of looking up, and you can see the rest of the nut. its all rusted and crap too, that isnt helping
fentoozler71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 02:49 AM   #22
BigE3
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Militaryman4455 View Post
Im not even going to read your post because there is just not way it could get better than that title... Im just going to apologize for your pain
YouTube - Funny Durex Condom Commercial
Unread 05-22-2010, 03:29 AM   #23
vilseck21
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The easiet route is to take off the hindge at the torx bolts, and get new hindges
vilseck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 08:09 AM   #24
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUkered View Post
Switch to briefs...

Seriously though, is there enough of the nut left to get a pair of channel locks or pliers on there?

Can you take a picture of them?
Honestly, I wouldn't usually ask for a picture of his nuts, but since they are stuck in the door it might be worth seeing.

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 09:27 AM   #25
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Have you tried lifting the doors off? Mine looks like that and there aren't any nuts on the hinge pin. I would try lifting them off, it may take a little twisting while lifting with that rust.
  1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 09:29 AM   #26
YJ89jeepTX
1989 YJ Wrangler 

..................woo[ps
YJ89jeepTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 09:51 AM   #27
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Ok in all seriousness...hit those pins with some good pentrant a few times a day for a day or two. Then just lift and move the door open and closed. The nut is gone, you broke the bottom of the pin, no big deal.

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 09:55 AM   #28
toberste
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep02Apex View Post
Ok in all seriousness...hit those pins with some good pentrant a few times a day for a day or two. Then just lift and move the door open and closed. The nut is gone, you broke the bottom of the pin, no big deal.
agreed. there's nothing holding the door on there but grime and nasty stuff
toberste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 09:56 AM   #29
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Thats exactly what I thought when I saw those pics... Have you seriously not tried lifting the door out yet?
MilitaryJK4455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 10:58 AM   #30
W7NB
Educated Redneck

2013 JK Wrangler 

I see PB blaster and a rubber mallet in your future. I would suggest PB'ing the hinges for a few days, then taking the doors off - hinges and all - and using the mallet to hit the lower hinge down off the pins.

1985 CJ7 With HO 4.0 Conversion
2013 JK
W7NB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door , nuts , stuck

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.