So I did a 3" suspension lift and got some 33x10.50s to fit it and knew I'd have issues w/ the spare. I'm not ready just yet to buy a tire carrier/rear bumper, so decided to move my stock carrier up 1" for the tire to clear the bumper(I have no BL).
I used some square tubing(about 1" by 1"?) from Home Depot along w/ a bunch of hardware and some hockey pucks from the Sports Authority to space out the bump-stops.
I did have to cut away a bit of the sides of the rubber gasket on the back of the tailgate where it lets air pressure out of the cabin I guess? When the bracket comes off I'll just get a new one from the stealership.
Heres the notched 3rd brake light bracket so the rim doesn't hit it:
It would hit since it is spaced up about 1" from the tire carrier itself:
My hockey-puck bumpstop extension:
Good look at the brackets:
The bracket bolts to the Jeep w/ bolts going through all the of the square tubing. Then the tire carrier assembly bolts to the square tubing w/ a nut and washer on the inside of the tubing.
While I'm not sure it was necessary or not, I also took a small piece to connect it to the 5th hole where the carrier normally bolts to the tailgate(between the top 2). I figured more support the better.
Here is a video of me closing the tailgate, it's just about as solid as stock.