Mirror relocation suggestions - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Mirror relocation suggestions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #16
Fsmechanic
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeejPilot
this is my more permanent mirror
I started to put side mirror relo brackets on my YJ today. Is there some trick to getting the door hinge brackets loose? I see there are nuts on the back of the hex bolts but they are seriously buried behind.

..!hogvet.net!fsa

Fsmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #17
DimebagDave
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Bought schwinn bicycle mirrors from target for $7.99, took out the bolt in windshield by door, mounted there. mirror comes off with out removing the bolt, so I can take mirrors off but leave the piece screwed in without interfering with the doors.
Unread 10-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #18
CJsPerson
2008 JK Wrangler 

This thread has some good stuff.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/m...s-off-1342462/

I off road because I have a Jeep. I don't have a Jeep because I off road. Above all my Jeep is a convertible. That's where my love is for the brand ...convertible overkill
CJsPerson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #19
74Maverick
1977 CJ5 

I relocated mine to my toolbox they are hand for looking in areas under a car where i can get a head. As for seeing behind me what do i care its just a line of cars pissed off ablout all the mud I sprayed on em.
Unread 10-11-2012, 05:35 AM   #20
fluffie
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Hears what I did cost me less then 40 bucks. Peace of angle iron 2 2in exhaust clamps a can of paint and 2 mirrors.
image.jpg  
Unread 09-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #21
TennesseeYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I see this is an old thread but I'll add my mod in anyway in hopes it helps someone Go to the link at the bottom of the page, click it to go to my site and watch the video. Just one note though. I really wasn't thinking about the pitch of the windshield when I welded the square tube to the tread plate. The factory YJ mirrors didn't have enough rearward tilt to make up for the pitch of the windshield. So, the mirror kinda looks at the ground a bit, I put spot mirrors on it to help fix my boo boo until I get around to making another set. If you space the top of the square tube out about 1/4" and leave the bottom of the tube contacting the plate it should be about right. Hope this sparks some ideas!
http://www.poweraddicts.com/jeep-garage.html

Last edited by TennesseeYJ; 10-03-2013 at 10:18 PM..
TennesseeYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
mirror brackets , relocation bracket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.