maglite mount - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > maglite mount

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-14-2006, 10:58 PM   #16
bigtar
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesSJ
I have a rechargable maglight that is hard-wired to a 12v source im my jeep so when I am done using it I just click it down in the charging station that I have mounted beside my seat.
Did you use the direct wire 12v kit from Mag? What did you hook into for the power?

Jason
Red Jeep Club Member #109
2000 TJ Sport
bigtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2006, 08:37 AM   #17
TEXASRAM

Magnetic holders

Went to Home Depot, bought two flat washer style magnets, two electrical conduit holders, two sets of nuts/bolts/washers. attach the conduit holders to the magnets with nuts & bolts, open holders enough to insert flashlight, tighten.
Done. I place my 3D Maglight on the bottom inside of driver rocker panel, within arms reach. Oh yeah, Magnets come in handy if you ever needs handsfree light at night. later, Rik
1995 JEEP Wrangler, 4.0 H.O. , IL6 4x4, White/Spice, Auto, Custom Center Console, Homemade Cold-Air Intake, 31x10.50x15 MT, Rubicon fenderflares, Black Denim Bestop Supertop, FlowMaster Exhaust, Hi-Flow Cat, 2" Performance Accessories Body Lift, Custom front bumper

homemade xtras to come.... rear bumper w/ tire carrier, rock sliders.........

"DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS"
TEXASRAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2006, 08:46 AM   #18
DrD

two zip ties and it slides in and out with no prob. Takes 24 seconds to install it. I got write up too if someone needs it. Right above the floor on the pass. side entry step. There are two holes on the side of the tube I ran 2 zip ties through and that's where it is. It slips right into the space (whatever you call that space) and does not rattle or move at all.
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #344

2k2 TJ X
it's not your average grocery-getter...

3.07 GEAR CLUB MEMBER #14
polish jeep owner club member # 15

Jeep pix
DrD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2006, 02:08 PM   #19
EaglesSJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtar
Did you use the direct wire 12v kit from Mag? What did you hook into for the power?
No I cut the wire that runs to the charging station and spliced it into my cigarette lighter which gives it 12.6 volts which is what it is supposed to have in order to be able to charge. The regular AC adapter that came with the light converted 110 AC down to 14 DC volts and I contacted Maglight and they said that my light would still charge good with 12 volts since they sell the 12 v kit anyways. I just decided to save some money for something else for the Jeep and just splice.

Unread 03-18-2006, 05:11 PM   #20
Taco88yj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

very cool i like the garden clips =)
Taco88yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2006, 08:24 AM   #21
rockportbkjp

I got the mounting kit from Home Depot and Zip tied it to the to roll bar between the speakers pods. It is out of the way and very hard to see from out side the Jeep. I like it there because it is in arm's reach when sitting in any of the seats.
My kids like it there because if it is dark out and they need to find something they dropped they just hit the switch and it lights up the back for them.
Larry
[COLOR=Wheat][SIZE=4]LIGHT KHAKI JEEP CLUB MEMBER #11[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Green][SIZE=5]NJ club member #5[/SIZE][/COLOR]
rockportbkjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2006, 05:56 AM   #22
ranger92

What is it with everybody having a maglite?

Yah, they're great heavy duty flashlights, but in my opinion they're heavy and bulky. I got a headlamp with LEDs and they do every job I need it for and I have my hands free. Plus it fits anywhere... glove box, pants pocket, and you can even loop the head strap around the rolecage and use it as a cargo light. Mine ran me about $40 and gets up to 120 hrs of light and lights up to 50 metres, all on 3 simple AAA batteries. At 95 or so grams the whole thing weighs less than a bar of chocolate.

I used it to take my hard top of and put my soft top on in the pitch dark (don't ask) and it was all i needed for light.

[COLOR="Navy"][I]I now offer a free bump with every post!!![/I][/COLOR]

Yes, it's an '06 Sahara cuz in Luxembourg you can get '06 Saharas.
[COLOR="White"]MPG THREAD FLAMING CLUB MEMBER #2 [/COLOR][/SIZE]
ranger92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2006, 09:56 AM   #23
stjjames
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger92

Yah, they're great heavy duty flashlights, but in my opinion they're heavy and bulky. I got a headlamp with LEDs and they do every job I need it for and I have my hands free. Plus it fits anywhere... glove box, pants pocket, and you can even loop the head strap around the rolecage and use it as a cargo light. Mine ran me about $40 and gets up to 120 hrs of light and lights up to 50 metres, all on 3 simple AAA batteries. At 95 or so grams the whole thing weighs less than a bar of chocolate.

I used it to take my hard top of and put my soft top on in the pitch dark (don't ask) and it was all i needed for light.
I have a headlamp in the glovebox, a 4D maglight on each floorboard & two more in the boot.
Unread 05-21-2006, 09:31 PM   #24
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Also have an LED headlamp, 4D and 3D mags in the Jeep. The headlamp is sometimes good for working on the Jeep, but doesnt throw nearly enough light for camping and such. I can't image gathering fire wood with the headlight. Not to mention I'd be screwed if I ever had to beat someone with the headlight. The 4D could do some damage. The headlight is great for wearing to bars. Really is quite the conversation peice. Especially when you set it to the blink mode. Ohh the joys of buying **** when you're drunk.

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
n00bs bashing n00bs, it's a pitifull thing.
TellyDSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2006, 04:13 AM   #25
ranger92

Guess you have a point about the wieght of the maglight as far as its defence capabilities go... although i would enjoy seeing a headlamp fight . As far as lighting goes, i use mine for camoping and everything and have always had plenty of light. I seriously think it's all about the type of headlamp you have. It's understandable to wnat mor ethan one lightsource around. I'm just used to camping, climbing and backpacking situations and i don't wanna have to carry a maglight around in my pack for days. glad to hear ppl are using them tho.

[COLOR="Navy"][I]I now offer a free bump with every post!!![/I][/COLOR]

Yes, it's an '06 Sahara cuz in Luxembourg you can get '06 Saharas.
[COLOR="White"]MPG THREAD FLAMING CLUB MEMBER #2 [/COLOR][/SIZE]
ranger92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2006, 07:33 PM   #26
d04tj

at first i mounted mine right on the centre rollbar with velco straps but someone ended up stealing it the first day i forgot to take it down when i left my top off... now i mount it on the side of my driver seat, used two strips of steel and maglite brackets that way i don't have to do any drilling into the seat bracket.
RE BB
JKS Discos
Mopar Grill Guard
CANADIAN JEEP OWNER
[/SIZE]
d04tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2006, 10:41 AM   #27
M&C_TJ

i just use one of the quick release hose clamps and clamped it to the roll bar up high so you cant see it (thank you tinted winders) and when i need it i just release it and you never know when you need a hose clamp for your radiator

Pro Comp series 97 Rims holding 35" BFG A/T
M&C_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2006, 07:02 PM   #28
rockhi

Gatorhater703..Nice Jeep you got there! That $.99 velcro is ticket
Unread 06-01-2006, 07:12 PM   #29
Hiram357

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger92

ya can't beat somebody over the head with your led headlamp.... ya can't drop your headlamp off of a 2 story building and have it still work, ya can't submerge it in water and still have it work... and they just downright look cool.
Hiram357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2006, 02:47 PM   #30
cherokee99spt

Is using these mounting brackets as simple as using a screwdriver and putting them in http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/sto...=VEHICLE+MOUNT

[QUOTE=KMcNaught]If the owner of a Hummer ever threatens to crush your Jeep there is a simple means of escape; just drive off the road.[/QUOTE]
cherokee99spt is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.