Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Loose upper doors

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  tyvanwie 
#1 ·
Well with all the winds and rain we got this morning I realized how loose my upper soft part on the door is. It flexes in and out close to 5 inches when the doors open, and about 2 inches out when closed. So of course it dumps all the rain in when I'm on the highway. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I have the bestop sailcloth if it helps

#2 ·
If the door uppers are loose, with the door open carefully grab the top of the door and pull it inwards. It will bend the soft door uppers so they are tight to the top again. Do it a little at a time and check it often until the door shuts nicely and the top seals well. I need to do this about once a year on my YJ. We did this all the time at the dealer.

#3 ·
Birdymon said:
If the door uppers are loose, with the door open carefully grab the top of the door and pull it inwards. It will bend the soft door uppers so they are tight to the top again. Do it a little at a time and check it often until the door shuts nicely and the top seals well. I need to do this about once a year on my YJ. We did this all the time at the dealer.
I'll give that a try, thanks!

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.