Leaf spring compatability - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Leaf spring compatability

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
topless1
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Leaf spring compatability

I just recently got my first jeep!! Of course it's my dream vehicle. They guy I traded it for took relatively good care of it, but I need to replace to rear leaf springs. Don't have a ton o money right now but I need to find a cheap fix quick ( rough ride). Are there any compatible leaf springs on any other vehicles that I can replace them with?

Unread 07-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
BigAl4102
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep waggoneer springs are just about an inch or two longer, so they "should" ride better, the center pins are offset about an an inch, so they need to go in in the original orientation, (long side to the shackle).

The waggy springs are also a 2-3" lift over stock, so that plays in depending on how the jeep is setup.

I put a set on my YJ that I got from JC Whitney, fairly cheap, and they did help the ride some, but not a night and day difference.

Your shocks, swaybar, and trackbars may be causing as much trouble as the springs, how is the jeep setup now?

Last edited by BigAl4102; 07-16-2013 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: typos and clarity
BigAl4102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #3
topless1
1995 YJ Wrangler 

No lift at all. Pretty much stock everything. He wasn't into offroading.
Unread 07-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #4
BigAl4102
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Most people with YJ's remove the trackbars, and the swaybar. That helps the ride tremendously.
BigAl4102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 09:24 PM   #5
topless1
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Found a 95 wrangler at pic n pull and nabbed the springs off of it! U were saying to remove to sway bars? How will that help with the ride? Would that be better for trailing or street ride?
Unread 07-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #6
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

some people don't like to remove the sway bars. to each there own though. i was skeptical at first so i took off one link and tied it up for a few weeks to see if i liked it. yes there's more body roll if you corner tight. but its a jeep not a race car. slow down a little.
as for the drive it didn't feel any difernt except the body roll was slightly increased. track bars removed was an amazing improvement!
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.