Keep your door's soft windows partially open & NOT BLOW OUTWARD! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Keep your door's soft windows partially open & NOT BLOW OUTWARD!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
jawasan
Sk8er4life

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Keep your door's soft windows partially open & NOT BLOW OUTWARD!

I am not sure if there is another way I am not aware of...but if the soft windows are partially open, well they always seem to get sucked outward when driving. Sucks, literally and figuratively...either all the way open, or you have to hold it with one hand part way.

So here's what I came up with, I am sure I'm not the first to have thought of this, but here it goes....

I purchased to locking clamps and some Velcro strapping at HF and this is the result, not much to it....

jawasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
irnmadn88
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I did the same thing with my YJ. I just zip tied them to the window frame and tucked them in behind the velcro when I wasn't using them.
irnmadn88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2013, 07:52 AM   #3
Firefyter-Emt
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I used a pair of suspenders and one of tarp grommet repair kits. I cut the suspender to the length I wanted, and then folded the cut end over and installed a grommet. The grommet hooks through the middle leg of the upper door. The nice thing is that there is enough stretch to give it a little adjustment. I like to hook one of the corners and fold back a triangle.
Firefyter-Emt is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.