Isolating Sounds - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Isolating Sounds

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
inflatus
1997 ZJ 

Isolating Sounds

I am trying to isolate noise coming from a pulley. How have you tried to narrow down a noise? I used an extension for one of the pulleys but its not long enough to reach all of them. At least not without me getting my head stuck.

inflatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 06:13 AM   #2
Wrangler_91
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Sometimes I've had luck spraying wd-40 on the bearing of suspected pulley. Doesn't always work though.
Wrangler_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #3
inflatus
1997 ZJ 

Only way I got the sound isolated was having the Altenator shred. Figured it out.
inflatus is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.