interior mods, passenger mirror, cheap grab handles... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > interior mods, passenger mirror, cheap grab handles...

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 06-06-2015, 07:29 PM   #1
shu2kill
1992 YJ Wrangler 

interior mods, passenger mirror, cheap grab handles...

my GF some times complains there is no mirror on the sun visor, so she cant put on her makeup on the jeep.... so today i got a 2" x 4" mirror, and put self adhesive velcro to it... then i put 3 velcro strips on the sun visor, and now, not only does the visor has a mirror, its removeable so she can take it closer without having to lean towards the mirror... i still have to test it offroad, but with 3 velcro strips holding it in place, i hope it wont fall off.... if i see its in risk of coming off i can always remove it and store it in the glove box....

also, i got me these grab handles from basspro... they are the same the sell in 4x4 stores, but a lot cheaper... i used 2mm accesory cord to fix them to the rollbar.... i have 10 feet of cord per side, with easy to untie knots, so if i ever need the cord for something i can remove it from there in a minute.

http://www.basspro.com/SEALECT-Desig...3040508214210/

and while i was at it, i velcroed this knife to the rollbar, it comes handy while camping, i use it a lot but i had always kept it in my pack...

and some time ago i had gotten this organizer from Wing Supply, it comes in handy to store receipts and such, and i also have my tire pressure gauge and a Gerber Paraframe Mini in there...

pretty cheap mods, but useful...

shu2kill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2015, 10:08 PM   #2
MRknowitall666
1950 M-38 

Very nice job. Any chance you could take a pic of that knife closer? I love that knife up there
MRknowitall666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2015, 08:47 AM   #3
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I got rid of the center console. It is big but offers very little storage. I use an ammo can and have a small look box behind it. If I need more storage room I can fit carry bag where there console was. I can store ALLOT more doing this.

made a shelf using a bedrail and some heavy duty wire shelving. I can store a couple rifles up there, fishing poles, tackle boxes, coats or whatever.

Unread 06-16-2015, 09:12 AM   #4
MRknowitall666
1950 M-38 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross
I got rid of the center console. It is big but offers very little storage. I use an ammo can and have a small look box behind it. If I need more storage room I can fit carry bag where there console was. I can store ALLOT more doing this. made a shelf using a bedrail and some heavy duty wire shelving. I can store a couple rifles up there, fishing poles, tackle boxes, coats or whatever.
Good job. I have thought about something similar for the overhead shelving.
Unread 06-16-2015, 04:16 PM   #5
shu2kill
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRknowitall666 View Post
Very nice job. Any chance you could take a pic of that knife closer? I love that knife up there
here you go, basically its just velcroed there

Unread 06-16-2015, 05:30 PM   #6
MRknowitall666
1950 M-38 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu2kill
Thank you for that. I really like that idea and the quick and easy reach. I usually stuff my fix bladed knifes down by my right thigh between the seat and center console. But your placement is more out of sight which I like when. I'm not in the jeep so it doesn't get seen and stolen as easily.
Unread 06-17-2015, 06:33 AM   #7
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu2kill View Post

In my state if a weapon it isn't readily visible it is concealed. I like the idea of how that knife is carried but not sure if it would be concealed. In MO anybody who can legal have a gun can have one loaded and concealed in their car but in MO it is illegal conceal any knife other than a pocket knife with a 4 inch or larger blade. Our firearm laws are more lenient than out knife laws.
Unread 06-17-2015, 03:48 PM   #8
shu2kill
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
In my state if a weapon it isn't readily visible it is concealed. I like the idea of how that knife is carried but not sure if it would be concealed. In MO anybody who can legal have a gun can have one loaded and concealed in their car but in MO it is illegal conceal any knife other than a pocket knife with a 4 inch or larger blade. Our firearm laws are more lenient than out knife laws.
i guess you would just have to put it lower on the rollbar for it not to be concealed...

i live in Mexico, im not really sure about the legal implications of carrying the knife there, but i will check... if anything, i could always just put it there for camping trips, where i use it most of the times...
Unread Yesterday, 06:40 PM   #9
frankenstein84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
I got rid of the center console. It is big but offers very little storage. I use an ammo can and have a small look box behind it. If I need more storage room I can fit carry bag where there console was. I can store ALLOT more doing this.

made a shelf using a bedrail and some heavy duty wire shelving. I can store a couple rifles up there, fishing poles, tackle boxes, coats or whatever.

Any more pictures of the overhead rack? That looks good.
frankenstein84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.